This time iOS 16 beta release comes with so many new features to iOS. Features like removing object from photo, getting battery percentage shown on the status bar and the list goes on. But there is always a stability compromisation in beta releases. The software may have bugs and glitches in its UI and may have some serious performance issues.
And here it comes to downgrading your iPhone from the beta software and regaining the previous and much stable iOS version. If you have tried the latest iOS 16 beta and want to downgrade your iPhone to iOS15 for better stability, this quick step by step guide will help you do that. Kindly read the prerequisites below before you downgrade your iOS.
This downgrade will cause data erase on your phone. So make a back up of your important data to iCloud or MAC before you begin. The backup and restore mathod won’t help because you won’t be able to restore your iOS 16 data on iOS 15.
Steps to downgrade your iPhone from iOS 16 beta
Entering recovery mode:
- Press and quickly release the volume up button.
- Press and quickly release the volume down button.
- Then, press and hold the side button until you see the recovery mode screen.
Downgrading from iTunes
Make sure you have the latest version of MAC or iTunes installed on your PC.
- Connect your iPhone to Computer and your PC should prompt you whether you want to upgrade or restore your iPhone.
- Click on restore. This will download and install the previous version of of iOS on your iPhone.
After the installation process is completed, your phone will restart and you will be able to use your phone after you set up your iPhone.
In future, if you want to upgrade your iPhone to the latest iOS version you can do it by heading to Settings>General > Software Update.
Read if you want to know about 3 Easiest methods to scan QR code on own phone with step by step guide.